Detective Jazz Loop 1 Detective Jazz Loop 1

I'm sorry man...

I'm an ENORMOUS fan of your movie "Obstacle", but I really didn't like this. It lacks in originality, creativity, uniqueness, everything that matters in an audio submission. Quite frankly it sounds like any kind of generic detective music you can get for free in the public domain. I feel bad talking shit, but I'm being honest. I ADORE your movie, but where you've blown my mind with "obstacle", I'm left disappointed with "detective jazz loop". Maybe I'm missing the point and it's supposed to be a cookie cutter detective song, if so my mistake. Im sorry for the bad review, but I'm being honest. If you do make more audio in the future, I hope to hear a lot better than this from the animator of "Obstacle".

~PW

sorohanro responds:

Hi
Thank you for review.
I'm not aware at the moment that I'm the author of a movie named "Obstacle". This track was made by request because some animator couldn't find anything in the public domain that could fit to a noir/ detective movie.

I'm intrigued that you don't appreciate at least live played instruments (trumpet) in a track.

Also:
"Maybe I'm missing the point and it's supposed to be a cookie cutter detective song, if so my mistake." err... if would be named "Epic Choir and Symphonic Battle Theme" I would understand your confusion, but currently the title is "Detective Jazz Loop 1" which say about it that is supposed to be a detective song, jazzy says that should be a jazz track and loop says that is not really a 3 hours symphony.

When All Else Fails When All Else Fails

THIS is one of the reasons

I'm so glad we have an audio portal. I can barely muster the appropriate words to review this. I dont know if it's because it reminds me of classic games such as donkey kong, or because you (very rightly) gave a lot of time for the beat to grow before you added more elements, but WOW. One of the best of 2010, I'm calling it now. You say in the description "It's not great but I gotta start somewhere?" I'm not sure if you're selling yourself short or fishing for compliments with that statement. This is an amazing piece of music, I am utterly impressed with it. You weren't scared to take a minimalist approach to things, and wow it paid off. Isn't too cluttered nor is it too simple. It is PERFECT. A bit too loud at the finale is the single complaint/criticism I can give. If I were to meet you in the street, I'd slap you a high five for this track. It's impressive, it's dance worthy, and it's just plain GOOD. GREAT FUCKING WORK!

Bacon92 responds:

Wow, thanks alot mate, I guess check out my other work if you really enjoy it.

[Dj-D] War Within [Dj-D] War Within

Another Stellar Piece from the Diceman!

Beautiful in it's simplicity, yet complex enough to make it interesting. The bass matches the tempo perfectly, this is why I love your music submissions so much. It is obvious that you put much time as well as effort into your pieces. My knee was bouncing along to the beat through the songs entirety. Once again I am impressed with your dedication and talent, and have given a 10 rating to a song that deserves an 11. I can't wait to hear your next song and thank you for uploading the songs that I listen to to vibe out and get some work done online. GREAT JOB!

DJ-Diceman responds:

awesome, thanks for the review. they always make me feel better about my superbly poorly rated songs lol
i know i hadnt made a song for about 4 months, but ive been feelin and itch to make music lately, so there may be more coming your way

Be My Bitch Be My Bitch

That is REALLY Funny.

Every comedy song on NG is either hit or miss. This one DEFINITELY hit. The ironic part about this song is that I would guess you worked quite a bit on this track. The solo especially, because the beat itself hit all the right notes to sound catchy, and be reminiscent of all of those cliche, campy love songs in a lot of old school 80's movies. The singing itself was too bad to be good, but to good to be bad, it was the perfect hybrid of a talented artist busting his ass to sound untalented, and it paid off BIG TIME in this song. It is one of the ONLY comedy tracks in the audio portal that made me laugh aloud, and you should be proud that your song is one of the only ones in its class that actually delivers. I want to hear a lot more from you in the future, maybe an old 70s blaxploitation type of jam or even a 50s type of Elvis Rock n Roll song.

Keep up the good work and I hope this track sees nothing but 5's in the future!

Jeff's Theme Remix Jeff's Theme Remix

AWESOME

Any tribute to maniac mansion is good with me. This song is an amazing track and proves that you are good at staying true to a classic even though you are remixing. GREAT JOB!

Dawn Attack Dawn Attack

Automatically Fav'ed.

This is one of the sickest beats in the audio portal. I love the arabian feel to it. Then the bells come in and a great beat gets even better. It kept having minute changes in it throughout, so it stayed interesting to listen to.

Superior work. Fives all around for this one.

Kaboom! Kaboom!

A SUPERB Entry

This is one of my favorite tracks in the audio portal. The beat is a total head knocker, it smacks of origionality, and it actually sounds good. The tempo is perfect, as are the subtle changes in the track. There mustve been a lot of time spent making this, and it shows. You are very talented and I cannot wait to hear more from you. AWESOME JOB!

HipHop jam HipHop jam

Hell Yea!

There is NO DOUBT in my mind you used hip hop Ejay tho.

Aside from that, there is no doubt that you have paid attention to detail, to tempo and to what someone wants to hear when they listen to a beat, DEFINITELY one of the best things Ive heard while listening to Ejay... Keep up the good work!

codinh91 responds:

WOW!!! YOU'RE THE FIRST THAT GAVE ME 10 AFTER NOTICING IT WAS MADE WITH EJAY!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

TechDBump TechDBump

AWESOME AS USUAL

This is why I look foward to hearing yer tracks. This one in particular is sick as hell. Just when you think the beat couldnt get any better, another element that sounds even sicker than the last makes its way onto the track. Its not cluttered, but it doesnt lack anything. Its like the perfect blend of elements. I am nodding my head to yer tracks (as usual)

DJ-Diceman responds:

thanks for listening ^-^

~DJD

Z3ppie FT M3l0 .::Blaz1ng::. Z3ppie FT M3l0 .::Blaz1ng::.

A Killer Track!

This had a groovy bassline, a head knocking tempo and was fluid as hell. This song is cake, the type of thing you would listen to if you had to write something emotional or thought provoking. You did a good job with the elements used in this track. I wish it wouldve been longer though, it seems that as soon as the song takes off, it is over. It is much too abrupt considering the content of it. It goes on a little over a minute when it should be at LEAST three minutes long. Its still an above average beat though and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Nice Work.

jesseman1 responds:

wow, thanks. I tried to do my best and a friend of me just changed it.